(by Justine Parish – Kühlhaus at PREMIUM Berlin, Luckenwalder Straße 3 10963 Berlin)
THE CONFERENCE ON THE FUTURE OF FASHION – JULY 8, 2015
E-COMMERCE & RETAIL
AMAZON FASHION DIVISION- Sergio Bucher
Focus is to deal with sizing issues – changes to come soon.
- Setting up a new Pan-EU photo studio in London – July 23 to handle quality photo & video
- Customer shopping history to help with sizing by brand – program will give sizing suggestions for each brand they look at.
- added video content to see how garment moves and works – high quality video
- Hackett – shoppable Fashion Show
- Prime Now – selection of 24,000 products within delivery of one hour
The Future –
- quick delivery,
- brick & morter stores need more exciting shopping experience – make it a showroom where online handles the actual selling
- Drones for delivery
- KIWA for distribution
- ECHO – Example
MINODES – iBEACON – Alexander Köth
- works with Iphone and App to understand the beacon.
- install the beacon in the retail store to communicate with customer Iphone as soon as they enter the store. companion to online sales by customer.
- Bridge online with offline.
EASY SIZE – Gulnaz Khusainova
- 80-90% of returns in Europe due to wrong size.
- See – http://www.stylepit.de for example (also in UK)
- size comparison with other Brands purchased –
- .20 Euro per order fee to customer
FAST FORWARD IMAGING – Anna Rojahn
- bought the technology from Bauhaus University in Dessau
- works with Jan Wegener – MOHR MODELS
- combining offline & online shopping
- OFFLINE SHOPPING
- curated, sales associates, instant gratification, environment for shopping, emotional
- ONLINE SHOPPING
- more choice, 24/7 access, delayed gratification, practical
ZALANDO – Christoph Lange
- Branding development Co.
- Provides a store platform with analytics in 15 European markets and all mobile devices.
DIGITALIZATION IN TRADE SHOWS
Anna Mazzer, Anita TIllmann, Marco Gotz
All apps or online content, navigation to pre-shop, then go to trade show to see in person.
WEARABLES & DESIGN
TECHNOLOGY AS A FASHION STATEMENT: STYLE VS. SENSORS
Lisa Lang, Martina Pickhardt, Nikolaus Rottger
- Get March issue of Wired Magazine – Fashion & Textiles- textile print & dyeing, 2 Berlin based designers featured.
TAKE AWAY CONCEPTS
- how can style & tech merge?
- what is beyond – it glows?
- narrative first – then how to do it, how to engineer it.
- make technology invisible
- Fashion is for protection, show your emotion, tell a story
- don’t need batteries in future, hack the body, harvest our own energy
- Clothing is the last private thing we have in the world.
Discussion goes from
- FASHION to HEALTH to/from HEALTH INSURANCE
- DATA to FASHION
- DATA to/from ONLINE PLATFORM
In 20 years all physical devices will go away,
- sensors on body
- in the brain
- voice control
- motion control
PROBLEMS – dependence on batteries, energy issues a problem, where does energy come from.
KATHARINA BREDIES – UDK DESIGN – Design Research Lab from University of the Arts
- interaction designer – using conductive threads w. Conventional textile techniques
- knitted touchscreen, embroidered thread on hoop speaker
- 3 body structures used – weave, knit embroidery
- use pattern-making to accommodate circuitry
- See Richard Lindquist – movement & music interaction
- SP4RK13 skirt – Spark Skirt
- Ernest RehmiPost
CONFERENCE BROCHURE FOR CONTACT INFO.
For more information on Wearable Tech also see MY BLOG PAGE https://justinelimpusparish.wordpress.com/textiles-tech/